Rector of UIII
Prof. Dr. Komaruddin Hidayat
Prof. Dr. Komaruddin Hidayat (born October 18, 1953 in Magelang, Central Java) is an Indonesia Muslim academic and intellectual. He has been rector of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta since 2006. His intellectual ability was demonstrated at several study and research institutions. Apart from his academic work, he was also a columnist in the mass media.
Prof. Hidayat has been close to the Islamic world since childhood, particularly the "pesantren" (Islamic boarding schools). He graduated from a modern boarding school in Pabelan (Magelang) in 1969 and the Pesantren al-Iman (Muntilan) in 1971. He then earned a BA in Islamic Education (1977) and a doctorate in the same area at IAIN Jakarta (the old UIN Jakarta) in 1981.
He is a prolific columnist in Indonesian mass media such as Kompas and Republika. He has sat on the Editorial Board of the magazine Ulumul Qur'an since 1991, the Editorial Board of Studia Islamika since 1994, and the Board of Editors of the Encyclopedia of the Islamic World. Since 1990 he has been a researcher with the Endowments Paramadina Foundation (Yayasan Wakaf Paramadina), Jakarta.
Prof. Hidayat continued his doctoral studies abroad. He received a doctorate in Western Philosophy at Middle East Technical University (Ankara, Turkey) in 1990.
Prof. Hidayat became a Professor at the Graduate Faculty of IAIN Jakarta in 1990, a lecturer with the Graduate Faculty of the University of Indonesia in 1992, and a professor at the School of Philosophy (STF) Driyarkara in since 1993. On October 17, 2006, in a senate meeting chaired by Azyumardi Azra in the main auditorium of UIN Jakarta, Komar was elected rector of the university.
- Rector of Universitas Islam Internasional Indonesia (since 2019)
- Rector of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta, 2006–2015
- Chairman of the Supervisory Committee for 2004 Election
- Ponpes Pabelan, Magelang (1969)
- Bachelor Ushuludin Faculty of IAIN Jakarta (UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta (1981)
- IMaster Philosophy and PhD in Middle East Affairs Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (1995)
- Post Doctorate Research Programs in Harfort Seminary, Connecticut, United States, for one semester (1997)
- International Visitor Program (IVP) to the U.S. (2002)
- Professor of Philosophy of Religion, UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta (since 2001)
- Paramadina Foundation Executive Director (1996–2000)
- Associate Trainer / Consultant in the field of HRD in Vita Colsultant Niaga (since 1999)
- Lecturer Graduate University of Gadjah Mada University (since 2003)
- Advisory Board Member of Common Ground Indonesia (since 2001)
- Chairman of the Central Election Supervisory Committee (2003–2004)
- Chairman of Indonesia Procurement Watch (since 2002)
- Executive Director of Education Madania (since 2001)
- Establishments Education Advisory Council (since 2004)
- Director of Graduate UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta (since 2005)
- Member of National Education Standards Agency Republic (since 2005)
- Chairman of the Election Supervisory Committee, 2004
- Rector of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta, 2006–2010
- Memahami Bahasa Agama (Understanding the Language of Religion, 1996)
- Masa Depan Agama (The Future of Religion, 1995)
- Tragedi Raja Midas (Tragedy of King Midas, 1998)
- Tuhan Begitu Dekat (God So Close, 2000)
- Wahyu di Langit, Wahyu di Bumi (Revelation of Heaven, Revelation on Earth, 2002)
- Menafsirkan Kehendak Tuhan (Interpreting the Will of God, 2003)
- Psikologi Kematian (The Psychology of Death, 2005)
- Path of Life, Menanam Kebajikan Dalam Setiap Langkah (Path of Life, Planting Welfare in Every Step, 2014)